The Cookshack SmartSmoker® SM160 oven is designed for operations that need a capacity of up to 120 lbs. of heavy cuts per load. Cookshack’s most popular commercial electric smoker will operate 24/7 and is ideal for operations which need to produce a moderate amount of smoked foods and/or barbecue.
How It Works
- Heat is supplied by an electronically-controlled heating element
- Smoke is created as wood smolders in the wood box
- The heating element works only when the door is completely closed
- Produce hot foods or cold smoked foods with optional cold smoke kit
- Safe, contained wood box slides out
- Drippings exit the bottom of the smoker into a removable drip pan for a clean, safe operation
- Digital controller
- Includes 8 programmable, customizable cooking presets
- Alarm cycle
- LCD display
- USB port for downloading up to 512 hours of cook time onto a FAT formatted USB flash drive
- Features 3-stage, 2-stage and probe mode cooking options
- Optional meat probe allows the user to set the smoker to a desired internal meat temperature and then automatically cycles into hold when the temperature is met
- Tough double-walled stainless steel construction surrounds 850°F SpinGlas® insulation
- Retains heat and remains cool to the touch on the outside
SM160 Venting Requirements
A small amount of smoke will escape from the top of the oven and from around the door. Three methods of venting can be used, consult your local authorities to determine which method meets your local codes:
- The oven can be placed under a Class 2 hood.
- The oven can be direct vented by suspending a 4” diameter pipe at least 3” above the vent hole on top of the smoker that runs outdoors or to an existing hood.
- The unit can also be vented by an optional Smokehood from Cookshack. The stainless steel Smokehood incorporates a removable grease filter and an exhaust fan. It mounts directly on top of the smoker and removes the smoke vented during normal cooking.
Cooking Capacity: Pork Butts: 120 lbs., Brisket: 100 lbs., Ribs: 50 lbs. or 20 whole chickens per load
Cooking Surface: Qty 5 – 18″ x 18″ (45.7 x 45.7 cm) nickel plated grills, 5″ (12.7 cm) apart. Contact us to upgrade to Stainless Steel grills!
Cooking Area: 1,620 square inches
Temperature Settings: 125°-300°F
Shipping Weight: 240 lbs
Included Equipment: 5 grills, side racks, drip pan, wood box, wood box handle, casters, operator’s manual, cookbook, 10 lbs. hickory wood, spare heating element and Cookshack Spice Kit
Fuel Usage: 1 oz. of wood required to smoke 60 lbs. of product.
Average operating cost: $.97 for 12 hours
Construction and Insulation: Double Walled Construction surrounding 850° F Spin-Glas® Fiberglass Insulation
ETL Listed (USA and Canada), NSF and USDA approved