Maxxx elevates the BBQ briquet to a bigger, better fuel. Maxxx briquets contain no fillers, chemicals, or toxic mystery ingredients that produce bitter smoke and mountains of ash. So what is in them? The same incredibly dense hardwood they use to make their lump charcoal – plus a pinch of plant-derived starch (that is it – Yes, really). They compress it into the biggest pillow briq on the market for the longest burn time on the market – and put it in a cool waterproof resealable bag.
- 100% natural ingredients: pure quebracho hardwood & a pinch of vegetable starch
- NO chemicals or toxic ingredients – borax, nitrates etc – 2x the size of typical briquets for maximum performance
- Taste-enhancing aroma & flavor – incredibly long, hot burn
- No acrid, unpleasant smoke or harsh chemical odor
- Extremely low ash production
- Won’t spark, pop, or snap
- Waterproof, resealable packaging with side carry handle
Jealous Devil recommends lighting a few starter cubes/bales (hey, junk mail works too!) under a charcoal chimney, or using an active torch such as a Bison Airlighter (see below). Depending on lighting conditions, your charcoal should come to temperature and be ready for cooking within 10-20 minutes. They do not condone the use of lighter fluid – it’s cheating and really gross in taste.